Shell’s Upstream Logistics work across the globe to deliver safe, reliable and cost-efficient logistics services.
The Shell Graduate Programme
Within the Technical area of the Shell Graduate Programme, a role within Upstream Logistics lasts two to three years and is designed to help you make the transition from talented graduate to independent logistics professional. You'll gain on-the-job experience through assignments in the different areas of Upstream Logistics, world-class coaching, mentoring and formal structured training.
You'll experience regular in-depth progress checks to make sure you are on track. The Programme will help you develop your technical ability and your networking skills too: we have a worldwide network for graduates and young professionals to help you connect with your Upstream Logistics colleagues around the globe.
When you join Upstream Logistics you’ll become part of an almost 600-strong team of professionals working across the globe to deliver safe, reliable and cost-efficient logistics services for the Upstream Production, Project and Wells operations worldwide. You could be responsible for safely and efficiently moving people and material by water, air, road and rail. You might also help provide logistics services for supply bases, waste management, lifting and hoisting, and other logistics field services such as emergency and oil spill responses. It’s a critical role and the professional rewards are there for graduates who seek to push boundaries and innovate.
Roles and responsibilities
As a graduate in Upstream Logistics you'll be exposed to a variety of roles. Your responsibilities might include:
- Logistics service delivery, including operational execution, Health, Safety, Security & Environment aspects, logistics contractors management, integrated activity planning, managing budgets and costs, managing logistics IT systems
- Development and/or implementation of logistics plans, systems and policies
- Providing logistics consultancy for Major Project Execution and Operations Readiness to achieve flawless start-up and operational excellence
- Wide range of fields services, such as logistics emergency and oil spill preparedness and responses
- Maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
The typical roles you may experience could include:
- Logistics Analyst
- Logistics Graduate
- Marine/Aviation/Road/Supply Base Resource Planner
- Project Logistics Engineer
- Logistics Coordinator
- Assets Logistics Liaison
- Logistics Assistant
Training and development opportunities
You'll gain training in areas including Aviation, Marine, Land, Supply Base, Waste Management, Lifting and Hoisting, Drilling and Project Logistics. This is complemented by cross-business learning opportunities in the Contracting & Procurement and Health, Safety, Security & Environment areas. We operate a culture of continuous learning, so there are always opportunities to satisfy your curiosity about a wide range of Shell businesses, as you will have the opportunity to work in direct contact with Upstream Operations, Global Projects and Wells Businesses, and interacting with external Logistics Strategic Partners.